Today I'm linking up with KTJ!!
Since I suck at weight-loss life lately, I'm going to talk about some of my favorite NSV's!
These are not all recent, just some that have been a really big deal to me throughout my weight-loss journey.
- I can now sit comfortably in a movie theater/stadium seats. Before I lost weight, I used to dread sitting in a movie or going to a concert. My hips were always squeezed between the armrests and I was always invading someone else's space with my upper body. Now when I pull the arm rest up at the movie, it's to snuggle closer to my husband, not to regain circulation.
- My resting heart rate used to be around 80 bpm and now hangs out around 60 bpm. I remember thinking there was something wrong with my heart rate monitor because it started reading a much lower number after a while. I wasn't aware that my previous heart rate was a not so good thing.
- I'm riding horses again (oh I've mentioned that before?) and I'm able to pull myself up on my horse. This is something I was never able to do even as a teenager. I always needed a boost to get into the saddle. This is probably less weight related and more to do with my upper body strength. Thanks, Group Power :)
- Being able to use regular bath towels! I no longer have to use a beach towel or bath sheet to be covered. This one was huge for me. I can't tell you how many times I traveled with my bath sheet in tow because I knew I wouldn't be able to use the towels provided at a hotel. Well, I could use them, but I felt like I was using a hand towel!
- Single digit jeans. Other than that 143 lbs (half my highest weight) that I hope to see one day, wearing a size 8 was my ultimate goal. Here's a picture from the happiest dressing room day of my life!
- Sitting in B's lap and having him pick me up. I could sit in B's lap before, but I always felt like he was just being nice when he said I wasn't too heavy. He also used to try to pick me up, but I fought it with all my might because I didn't want him to feel how heavy I was. Now I make him pick me up all the time. It makes me feel dainty, and I don't often feel dainty at 5'7". I think he loves that I want to do these things now when I used to fight him on them. This one ranks right up there with that size 8.
What are some of your favorite NSV's??